4.13.2009

welcome home

I love being a newlywed. Well, more importantly, I love my husband and the marriage and life we are building. . We've gone from hand-me-down furniture to buying pieces that reflect our design styles. It's truly been a lot of fun, and a bit challenging on a budget. Right now we live in an apartment, and as busy as our first few months of marriage have been, I've been grateful not having to deal with the up-keep of a house. However, if any of you have lived in an apartment, you understand my frustrations style-wise when dealing with ugly walls, carpet, cabinets...the list could go on.

Our dining room in the making...(PLEASE excuse the awful photography job I did. I was in a bit of a hurry and the pictures looked better on my camera, I promise. Well, I'll just keep telling myself that.)
The table and chairs are from West Elm. The painting is a work in progress. I love the color green and am now deciding on what else to do with it.



I love collecting salad plates with fun designs on them. The tea pot is from my grandmother and my inspiration for the color of the painting. And don't you just love fresh flowers?


The chairs I love, two green and two brown.


There's still so much we can't wait to do with this dining room, and I'll add pictures as we update!

7 comments:

  1. well, it looks like you're off to a good start, those chairs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I am so happy to see a table in that room!

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chairs are so cool!

    Loving that green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous13/4/09 20:48

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got in store. It looks like you're well on your way to a very cool room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i lovee it!
    very modern and spring-y ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!